Social Media Tips for Estate Agent Professionals
We have built a following across a variety of social platforms to boost the exposure that your properties receive on the web. The following article discusses a few simple ways to help your own message on social media reach more people.
Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr – all share one feature, the humble hashtag. Adding hashtags to your updates spreads your message that bit further, particularly if others are following that stream of activity already.
What’s a Hashtag?
Hashtags offer three important bits of functionality within social networks.
- Allowing users to have a community conversation around a topic, provided they share the same hashtag.
- Content discovery, for example searching for #belfast on a social network will typically find appropriate content that is related to that hashtag.
- Provoking your own follower’s interest in a topic of conversation that they may engage with.
For that reason, it’s important that your updates use hashtags where appropriate to increase your reach, improve your presence, and provoke conversation.
Looking for new business? It is entirely possible to setup email alerts for when a user on Twitter mentions the word “Need an Estate Agent” or “Who should I get a mortgage with” or “Mortgage suggestions” and tailor the alert so it only applies inside a geographic region such as Belfast. You can get this functionality directly within HootSuite by following this article or, by using a dedicated service such as www.geochirp.com
Broadcast, Listen and Engage
The majority of Estate Agents using Twitter as a marketing tool, simply expect to gain a following by continually broadcasting their recent properties and content. It is far more effective to try and engage with the community that exists there and become the agent that can offer advice and expertise to those that need it, when they need it.
Tags: social media
Leave a Reply
- April 14th, 2016 Social Media – A Simple Guide to Getting Started.
- April 12th, 2016 7 Simple SEO Tips for Estate Agents
- December 17th, 2015 Reputation Management For Estate Agents
- April 11th, 2016 How Google Determines Local SEO Ranking
- January 22nd, 2016 Measuring your marketing results by using Cost per lead analysis
- Architecture (21)
- Beautiful Homes (30)
- Christmas (11)
- Commercial News (1)
- Enviromental (1)
- Estate Agent News (14)
- Estate Agent Tips (8)
- Home improvement (16)
- House Prices (4)
- Interior design (22)
- Most Popular (1)
- Property News (2)
- Quirky (37)
- Rental News (1)
- Sales Advice (1)
- Student Survival Guide (6)
- Tech (25)